The word “trend” can produce different feelings of uncertainty for businesses, especially when it comes to social media strategies. With so many social media strategy trends available out there, it’s easy for a business to get caught up in between fear and confusion.
It’s important for a business to stay ahead of the curve and the rest of the competitors. But you don’t really want your business to be wasting time and money on a marketing strategy that’s not going to work for you. So to help you set your business on the right track, we’ve put out a list of current modern trends that you can use for your social media marketing strategy.
There’s an increasing demand for videos
There’s been an increasing demand for videos in social media. If you check out Facebook, YouTube, Instagram, Twitter, or Snapchat, you can clearly see that there’s been an increase in video content and video interaction. If you don’t believe this fact, here are some information that proves videos will give you success.
- More than 82% Twitter users watch videos every day
- YouTube users watch a billion hours worth of videos per day
- Facebook users watch 8 billion videos per day
Social media networks now support a variety of video formats, which allows anyone to upload any type of video content to the platform. It’s important to remember though that when you upload a video content to any social media platform, the video must be mobile-friendly.
- More than 60% of videos of YouTube viewers are mobile users while 90% of videos on Twitter are viewed on mobile devices.
- Since mobile video contents are gaining more attention than ever, you might want to try increasing your budget for mobile video creation for the next couple of months.
As popular as video contents can be these days, it’s still important to remember to create your own videos. Posting videos on social media that are not yours and without permission can lead to serious legal issues. You need to know more about copyright laws if you want to avoid this kind of legal mistake.