When you consider the entire time your baby spends on her bed, you would be struck by the realization that the sleep environment of your baby is actually her home, her world. So it is mandatory to keep the cot mattress scrupulously clean provided your child’s health and safety are your topmost priorities.
While talking about maintaining a completely safe sleep environment for your baby, you must keep in mind that your baby is your precious little one and she is very delicate and susceptible to bad falls, accidents, and injuries. As a dutiful mom, you must do everything in your power to protect your baby from falling down and getting hurt.
You need to be extra careful while choosing the right cot or crib mattress for your baby so that you could eliminate unwanted falls and bad injuries. Your baby’s cot mattress must fit perfectly with the frame of the cot. There must not be any gaps between the frame of the cot and the mattress’s usual edges. Your baby may slip through the gaps and end up hurting herself.
Let us explore certain important tips for cleaning and maintaining your baby’s cot mattress so that it is safeguarded from harmful germs and bacteria. Keep cleaning the cot mattress on a regular basis. If you are a new mother, you must learn effective ways of cleaning and maintaining the baby cot by browsing reputable sites such as countingsheep.net for expert guidance every step of the way.
Crib Mattress Cleaning Tips for the New Mom
- Take out the mattress cover and wash it with some well-known premium quality or branded detergent powder. You may gently rinse the cover and machine dry.
- However, before you start cleaning the mattress, you may go through the instruction label that is stitched to the mattress or alternatively, you could visit the manufacturer’s website. Your instruction label would be telling you if it is safe and acceptable to use the recommended mild detergents, hot or cold water etc. The mattress care instruction would also, tell you the things to avoid while cleaning the mattress.
- Once you have read all the instructions on the mattress label, you may vacuum clean the mattress thoroughly on the bottom, sides, and even in any existing crevices for getting rid of the dirt and dust. For added protection and safety for your little one, you may consider scrubbing the mattress with a mild detergent and some warm water. You must remove all traces of detergent from the baby’s mattress.
- You may sanitize the mattress by wiping its surface with Dettol Hygiene Liquid. This disinfectant could be used frequently for wiping the external surface of your baby’s cot. This disinfecting process would go a long way in safeguarding your precious little darling against hundreds of illness-causing germs.
- The mattress must be scrupulously clean and completely dry both inside and outside as mold and bacteria are known to be attracted by dampness. So, if required, you could put the mattress out in the open exposed to the warm sunlight.
The cot and its mattress must always be kept in top condition to ensure good health and overall happiness.